Ebullient Jan!
8.4.07
  Randomosity ( I know.... there's no such word, but hey...)


I was just looking through my recent pictures and the common random theme was food. Again. hah! Somehow, food is something I always took pictures of. I'm asian. I can't help it. Or maybe its just an excuse. =)

Anyhoo... I bought all the stuff I needed for LEMON LIME BITTERS!

So nice to have in the comfort of home. I doubt I can even find it here in the restaurants. No one really knows what it is. If you ask for it on the plane, they'll just serve you Schweppes bitter lemon. =I



What goes in you ask?

  1. Lime cordial
  2. lemonade (ie, sprite)
  3. And a dash of angostura bitters
Simple =)

OHH.... another find I found in the aisles of Singapore supermarkets!

DARS bitter chocolate! All these jap chockies are awesome! I finished the whole box in a night. Too indulgent, but heck it. I love to eat.

I haven't had one of these for YEARS! It oozes so much oil... its amazing. hah. The bread is like a seasoned sponge soaked in oil and covered in heaps of mayo. Definitely not for the health conscious. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, its called roti john (for those of you who have no clue). Its a bread roll sliced in 2, with an egg omelette mixture fried into the inner surface.

Anyone of you had geoduck (pronounced "gooey duck")? Call me clueless, but when dad ordered a geoduck and a peking duck in the same night, I questioned " are you in the mood for duck or what? Why are we having 2 duck dishes?" He lets out a laugh... and people, this is geoduck...


Its that fist sized clam with a long "trunk" sticking outta the side. haha. It tastes a lil fishy, but yet sweet. if you ask me, i think its over rated. Just like abalone. if you ask me, I'll have something else for half the price, anytime.
Now, this is the somewhat random bit. This is what I saw on my way home tonight. Are you ready?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



EWWWWWWWWWWW

How off does it look? We only get such giant snails here! I recall accidentally stepping on one when i was a kid. UGHH....Felt so guilty when i heard the crunch of the shell, and felt the gooey slug stick to my sole like slime. poooweee

on an after thought. snails are quite yummy. haha. its all different when you see them on a plate with sauce all over.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
/ibullint/: full of cheerful excitement or enthusiasm.

02.07 / 03.07 / 04.07 / 05.07 / 06.07 / 07.07 / 08.07 / 09.07 / 01.08 /