The elusive first job
I start work on monday!
Such mixed feelings. Happy. Sad. Excited. Doubtful. Nerves.
Why happy? Well... that means my brain is going to be put to use. I'll be learning new things, =) Oh... and i get to dress casual to work cos its considered in the creative industry. Yippee
Why sad? I had great plans to visit melbourne before i started work, but the firm insisted i start coming monday. I couldn't even sleep the day I got the offer, not because I got a job, but because it could mean i might have hopped onto a plane as soon as sunday to melbourne. Well, these plans are dashed.
Excited... I wonder what its going to be like transiting to a new stage in life! Who will I work with? What are they going to be like? what will i be doing on the job?
Doubtful.... Is this job really right? Sigh... there are pros and cons of it. Too much to list.
Nerves... I'M NOT READY! But i always remember what em said about life. You are never ready to move on to your next stage in life, but you just got to push yourself into it. I just didn't expect to get offered a job on the spot and made to start 4 days later.
Ok... the golden question I've been swarmed with. What job, which firm? Marketing consulting.... small local firm (a name you wouldn't have even heard of) great opportunity to learn heaps and network.
Please be praying for me. I'm getting on a roller coaster to somewhere i've never been and I'd love to have a seat belt.
Wish I were there in melbourne with you, you, you and you